Foreign Travel

Some foreign destinations are considered restricted regions and travel must be approved by the International Oversight Committee. For information on this policy and its procedures, go to the following link:

If you plan to travel on research projects and take a UT Laptop and/or Equipment the Export License Exception (TMP) Certification form must be filled out and approved by David Ivey prior to traveling.

The TMP certification is required any time our PI/covered individuals on the project take laptops or equipment out of the country. Fill out the Export License Exception (TMP) Certification, and send it to David Ivey ( David Ivey will then review whether or not any additional restrictions or requirements are needed.

For general export control information at UT:

We will incorporate this information in our International travel instructions soon. For now, please send the approved Export License Exception to Tristan D’Artagnan to file within the travel documents.

All expenses during international travel must be converted to US dollars. Please use the following website to convert all expenses:
You must print out the page you’re using for your reimbursement and submit it along with your receipts. Conversion rate must match the first day of travel.

Registration of your itinerary details is required when traveling to a foreign destination.  You must register using one of the following methods:
1. OnCall registration is automatic when using Concur or the contracted agencies. However, Texas Global has implemented a policy that still asks for all travel to be registered in the UTAITR manually as well.

2. If a non-travel agency source is used, then forward the airfare/lodging itinerary confirmation to



Tristan D’Artagnan
Accounts Payable and Travel
Office 2.6056
(512) 471-7389

Shauna Pendleton
Contract Administrator
Office 2.6072
(512) 471-6891

Jason Peck (Backup)
Pre-Award Contracts and Grants, GRACE & GRACE-FO Administrative Contact, Purchasing
Office 2.6060
(512) 471-7579