How to Apply
Areas of Interest
TSGC/CSR High School Summer Internship Program
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit your application online by April 15, 2013.
- Scan and email OR fax a copy of your high school transcript with the following information:
- Courses completed
- GPA (if school calculates)
- Class rank (if assigned)
- SAT or other college entrance exam scores
- Letter of recommendation from your school principal, curriculum coordinator, school counselor, or science teacher
- Scan and email, fax, or upload an Essay on "Why I Should be Selected as a Summer Intern at UT/CSR"
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed
- Open to current high school Sophomore, Junior, or Seniors ONLY who have not worked as a UT/CSR intern previously
- Must be at least 16 years of age by June 1 in order to receive pay. Other students that do not meet the age requirement may volunteer for community service hours but will not be eligible for summer internship pay. Students who complete the internship will receive $1,000 stipend for their work.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation and housing.
- Able to work July 8 - August 1, 2013, 24 hours per week during the summer. Hours at 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday-Thursday.
All students will be notified by May 1 if they have been accepted into the program.
AREAS OF INTEREST DESCRIPTIONS:
- Ice, Cloud, and land Elevation Satellite (ICESat-1) & Cryosphere Satellite 2 (CryoSat-2) Ice Sheet: exploration of changes in Greenland and Antarctica.
- Ice Cloud, and land Elevation Satellite (ICESat-1) & Cryosphere Satellite 2 (CryoSat-2) Ocean: comparison of ice mission data to global sea level change from radar altimetry and tide gauges.
- Next-generation Ice, Cloud, and land Elevation Satellite (ICESat-2) Ice Sheet: design of new methods of ice sheet change detection using proposed ICESat-2 with previous missions.
- Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE): Analyzing data from the twin GRACE satellite mission studying earth's gravity.
WHO TO CONTACT:
Questions regarding the program and required paperwork must be sent to:
Senior Education and Outreach Coordinator
NASA's Texas Space Grant Consortium
University of Texas Center for Space Research
3925 W. Braker Lane, Suite 200
Austin, TX 78759