Please read and follow these instructions before completing the Travel Request for Students (TRFS).
- Fill in your name as it appears on University records. You may put any nicknames in parenthesis ( ). Fill in all other blanks.
- Fill in an e-mail address from which you can print this form.
- Fill in your dates of travel.
- Name the person at UT sponsoring your trip.
- List the address you want your check mailed to. If you have a campus mail address that is best. If not list an address where you can receive mail up to two months after you take this trip, and please include a phone number at that location.
- List the meeting you are attending and the research you will be working on. Do not use abbreviations or acronyms.
- Ask the person sponsoring your trip what account they are using to reimburse your expenses.
- Estimate your expenses using $41.00 a day for meals. If you don't expect to have expenses for an item like a rent car, put a 0 in that blank please.
To ensure the most current rates check http://www.utexas.edu/business/accounting/hbp/11_trav/trav5-1.html
- If you are flying call Carlson Wagonlit at 1-800-798-0292 and check availability and rates. They can tell you what carrier to use and get the reduced State rates. You may book your reservation at the time you call Navigant if you wish but it will not be ticketed until this form has been signed and turned in to the travel coordinator. Your request for travel will be entered into the University computer and it will generate your travel document ID, the number Navigant must have before they can issue your ticket. It is usually best to use State rates, rather than non-refundable rates, as they are discounted and fully refundable.
- When you have finished filling out the form click on "submit STR" at the bottom. The form will be altered and sent to the e-mail address you typed in. Print or save the form, have it signed by the person responsible for the account that will be used to reimburse your expenses and submit the form to the travel coordinator at the Center for Space Research. Mail code R1000 or email the form to email@example.com.
- If you are not familiar with University travel regulations and policies please call the Travel Coordinator at 471-7932 for further information. It is to your benefit to make this call so you understand what expenses will or will not be reimbursed.